Collie, Western Australia plus surrounding areas
Collie – Western Australia plus surrounding areas was a very interesting weekend away. A variety of things to see, great walks if you are a walker or just visit the lakes, dams, etc by driving around the area. Great for caravans and camping for that peaceful get away!
We drove about 400 kms on the weekend as a result we saw some beautiful places. The Honeymoon Falls, Gnomeville, Lake Stockton, Black Diamond Lake as a result it will be a place we will definitely go back to. See the list below.
This town was named after Dr Alexander Collie RN. Collie was formally declared a town in 1896 and is well know for coal which was discovered in 1883.
For more information on Collie click on this link:
Information on Collie, W.A.
Interesting places to visit:
- Gnomeville. LOT 4059 Wellington Mill Rd, Wellington Mill WA 6236. It’s amazing! Gnomes of all shapes, sizes, from all over the world. You see them go on for ever! A must to visit even if you are not a gnome enthusiast.
- Black Diamond Lake. LOT 85 Ferguson Rd, Allanson WA 6225. Yet another lovely place to walk around or have a picnic. However, there are signs that say don’t swim but it is so inviting! The colour on a clear day is truely spectacular!
- Lake Stockton. Piavanini Rd, Shotts WA 6225. Great for picnicing, camping or just taking a walk. The colour again is amazing. Skiers were enjoying themselves.
- Potters Gorge. Worsley WA 6225. This looks a great place to camp/caravan. Very peaceful with walking paths and the lake looked beautiful.
- Honeymoon Pool. River Rd, Worsley WA 6225. Throughout this drive to and around Honeymoon Pool there were a lot of places to stop and enjoy the peace and serenity of the water flowing over the rocky terrain. You will also go past the Wellington Dam and read all about how this was built. Which is very interesting. How this was built way back without all the tools that exist today is amazing.
Click on this link to take you to all the walks & places of interest done by Travel with Eeeeze: Travel with Eeeeze Index of Travels